Yeah, it's seriously down to the wire, last-minute parent people. If you don't have your kids' Christmas stocking stuffers purchased yet, well, you don't have a lot of choices. The drugstore is probably going to be your best bet at this very late hour.
Don't get enchanted by the well-stocked toy aisle at the drugstore though. For the most part, these toys are JUNK and will break for Christmas dinner, and no one needs unnecessary tears. However, there are still lots of quality stocking stuffers to be found at the drugstore, including stuff your kids need and stuff your kids don't know they need.
Here are our picks for the 20 Best Drugstore Stocking Stuffers for Kids.
20 Best Drugstore Stocking Stuffers for Kids
- Novelty socks. Yep, you'll find them there.
- New toothbrush. Face it, your kid needs one.
- Silly Putty. Hours of fun!
- Kitchen timer. Great for timing teeth brushings, reading, quiet time, and self-guided time outs (why not?).
- Lip balm. Soothe those sweetie's winter-chapped lips.
- Gift cards. Many drugstores have a rack now with gift cards to tons of great places. Think iTunes, Amazon, the local movie theater, and more.
- Disposable cameras. Great for the little ones who can't do a digital camera yet. Let them chronicle their very own Christmas.
- Fun Band-Aids. Bandages with cool characters will score you extra points.
- Slinky. Always makes for a good time.
- Nail polish. For kids who like to color their nails.
- Jacks. This game is really fun and great for developing a little hand-eye coordination.
- Magazine subscription. Just buy the magazine for their stocking. Mail out the subscription card next week. No one has to know.
- Arts & craft supplies. Crayons, colored pencils, kid scissors, markers, a tiny stapler, glue sticks, stickers, a roll of tape, a watercolor set.
- Barrettes and hair bands. You can never have too many.
- School supplies. A cool calculator, a battery-operated pencil sharpener, or a pack of fresh pencil top erasers.
- First tools. Put together the makings of a first toolkit that includes a screwdriver, hammer, pliers, a tape measure, and more. Every kids loves duct tape!
- Mini flashlight. Especially good if there are multiple kids and they all get one. They'll abandon you in peace for a dark bedroom in no time.
- Hand warmers. Mmmm, warm hands ... they'll thank you big, Mom.
- Flossers. They make flossing so much easier for kids and thus for parents.
- Hot chocolate. Yummy Christmas morning goodness.
Do you buy stocking stuffers at the drugstore for your kids? What's their favorite drugstore item?