It's hard for a dieter on Halloween. Skip the sugary c-r-a-p, and you're a goody goody who's about to get her house egged.
Ahem, let's talk you down from that sugar binge, shall we? There's a happy medium between packing on the pounds and being the freak who hands out toothbrushes with their own little tube of Colgate Jr.
Behold the candy-free treats that will make the kids think you're the coolest Mom and Dad ever:
1. Silly Bandz -- Get the pre-made Halloween packs or buy a few packages of 24 and dump them in the bowl.
2. Temporary Tattoos -- Cut up big sheets of different characters from the dollar store so everyone gets something fun.
3. Glow Bracelets
4. Play-Doh Tubs -- A 10-pack is under $7 and provides hours of fun.
5. Bouncy Balls
6. Jelly Bracelets
7. Funky Crayons -- Hit Etsy for Star Wars figures in colored wax, giant LEGO bricks, and alien scribblers that will blow the old box from the corner restaurant away.
8. Money -- Hit the bank for rolls of quarters.
9. Sticker Books -- Who wants one sticker when the dollar store sells entire pads full for a buck apiece?
10. Mini Puzzles
11. Vampire Teeth
12. Flarp -- Buy a mega pack to save money and let the fart noises take over.
13. LEGO Minifigures -- Build your own at their new Pick a Brick Service.
14. Glow-in-the-Dark Rings
15. Wax Lips
17. Slap Bracelets
18. Dinosaurs -- Buy a mega pack at Target and you'll have enough for everyone without breaking the bank.
19. Toy Cars
20. Crazy Straws
Do you hand out candy for Halloween?