Halloween is minutes away in costume-making years. Are you ready? Or did you procrastinate? Again?
If so and if you're too stubborn or prideful to head over to the once-a-year Halloween shop on the corner and pick up one of the four remaining costumes on the shelf -- I don't blame you, who wants their kid going as a creepy Merman, a sexy French maid, a fictional, not even real, Jersey Shore character, or an axe murderer??? -- then let's talk. There is still plenty of time on the Halloween procrastinator's clock to bust out a pretty cool costume for your kid.
Check out these nine ideas for creative, last-minute Halloween costume ideas for kids. Some take a bit of creative panache; however, we know you've just been saving all yours up for this moment, right?
9 Last-Minute Kids Halloween Costumes
1. Umbrella + rain gear + stuffed cats & dogs = Raining Cats and Dogs costume (pictured at top).
2. GeekMom has some seriously cute ideas for costumes made from paper bags.
3. Who knew a cardboard box, some plastic containers, spray paint, and a glue gun could become a cool-looking Lego costume?
4. If you can come up with some monochromatic play clothes ensembles -- all brown, all red, all yellow, all black -- here are some easy ways to make your kids' everyday clothes into costumes.
5. Turn an old black umbrella into an awesome bat costume.
6. A pig nose + a blanket = Pig in a Blanket costume.
7. All you need is a cardboard box, some art supplies, and some creative oomph, and your kid can go as a remote control, a UPS truck, or SpongeBob SquarePants.
8. If you're really in a last-minute Halloween costume bind, send your kid as a dry cleaning bag (slip one over any outfit), a mummy (lots of gauze), or a road (all black and masking tape) on Halloween, and pay the therapy bills later.
9. When all else fails, bust out the old sheet (check your local thrift store if you don't have one) and some scissors. Everyone likes the traditional ghost, right?
Got any creative, last-minute kids Halloween costumes you'd like to share?