Hitler showed up in a yearbook in a high school in Pennsylvania, shocking and embarrassing the administration who claim they had no idea the dictator was allowed entry.
The Easton Area High School 2010 yearbook was released as the school year begins, and one quote, among many, was attributed to the man responsible for massive death, suffering, and moral decline:
"It is in fact a quote from Hitler and it was selected from numerous quotes and various sources," Easton Area High School Principal Michael Koch said.
The quote reads: "And in the last analysis, success is what matters."
Could it be worse? I suppose it's possible. So I set out to find five quotes Easton Area High could have chosen to represent them in 2010 that would have been more offensive than Der Fuhrer.
- Let us have a dagger between our teeth, a bomb in our hands, and an infinite scorn in our hearts. -- Benito Mussolini
- We are hunting Americans like pigs. -- Mullah Omar
- A clown can get away with murder. -- John Wayne Gacy
- 'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it! -- Sarah Palin
- I am going to come and burn the f**king house down ... but you will blow me first. -- Mel Gibson
Image via zizou/Flickr