While traveling, smartphones are handy for the obvious reasons: making and taking calls, taking photos, being able to access your itinerary. However, there are a ton of additional applications that can help a mom out in her biggest time of need -- while panicked -- or lost or hungry -- and traveling with kids!
While these apps can't stop carsickness or delayed planes, they can do wonders for avoiding missed exits and alleviating whining and boredom.
Find out how.
If you have ever been traveling with your kids, you understand that, at some point, you're probably going to need a little help.
Here are five ways smartphone applications can help out a mom traveling with kids:
- Book travel and accommodations: There are smartphone apps that allow you to easily book a flight and hotels, and even reserve a rental car.
- Get travel updates: No mom traveling with kids wants to get to an airport earlier than she needs to. Check to see if your flights are on time before heading to the airport.
- Entertain your child: There are wild action games and soothing drawing apps you can download to entertain your child while en route. Kids' games and a few clips on repeat from YouTube have saved my weary traveling heart more times than I can count.
- Find directions: Again, time is of the essence when you're on the go with kids in tow. Use the variety of mapping apps to find out where you are and where you're headed. Also, find a park, a bank, and QUICK, a bathroom.
- Locate kid-friendly dining: Maybe this is not the trip on which you will educate your children on the many fine culinary delights. When you need a cheeseburger stat, use a restaurant-locating app.
How has your smartphone come in handy during your travels?