My 7-year-old is becoming a stronger reader every week. However, I keep waiting for him to hit that moment of complete reading bliss. I do know that his willingness to read on his own drastically improved when we got him a reading lamp -- the above Minnen Wall/Reading Lamp ($7.99) from IKEA -- and mounted it on the wall next to his top bunk bed.
Here are a bunch of simple but cool bedside reading lights for kids — elementary age on up to teen -- and they all come in under $35!
Reading lamps shown above:
- Swing Arm LED Wall Lamp, metallic silver -- ($29.99) at Target
- Minnen Wall/Reading Lamp ($7.99) at IKEA
- Henrik Desk Lamp ($24) at HomeDecorators.com
- Grandrich Adjusted Gooseneck Desk Lamp, silver ($35) at the Modern Lamp Store
- White Paper Chinese Lantern Accent Lamp ($29) at Lamps Plus
- Energy Star 13-watt CFL Table Lamp ($21.99) at Overstock.com
Got any tips for encouraging your Big Kid to read more?