Photo from The Olympic Store
Apparently everyone involved in the Olympics or living in Vancouver knew about these cute red mittens well before the Olympics even started. These babies were sold out by Christmas at most places. So what does that mean for those of us who saw them for the very first time at the Opening Ceremony—and would love to have a pair? All is not lost.
While it's true that the mittens are now sold out at most retailers and even at the official 2010 Olympic Store, you can still get a pair if you do some searching. Of course, you'll have to pay a little more than the $10 Canadian that they were originally going for.
Here are some places I found them for sale. (I'm sure you'll be able to find even more sellers if you look.)
1. Craigslist, $20 from a seller in Inland Empire (10 pairs available when I checked)
2. Craigslist, $25 from a seller in New York
3. Craigslist, $30 from a seller in Seattle
4. kijiji, $25 (two pairs left at this seller, but you can search for more locations)
5. eBay has many auctions for red olympic mittens going on; prices vary
Have you been admiring the red Olympic mittens? Think you'll get yourself a pair?