Photo by RAW Essentials
Am I allowed to hate on supermodels because they always look perfect? Yes, yes I am. But how cool is it that Carol Alt is willing to share some of her skin care secrets with us? OK Carol -- I can't hate...it's only love. And I love her new line of products!
Carol lives a raw food lifestyle -- everything is in its purest state. And she wanted beauty products that followed suit. So she developed a line of products called RAW Essentials that are free of chemicals and are great for your skin.
She's sharing some of her secrets with us that are proof that it's not just about what you do or use on and in your body, it's how you do it. Here are her tips to winterize your skin and keep a glow all year long.
- Eat extra helpings of nuts, oils, and avocados -- foods with essential fatty acids hydrate and nourish from the inside out.
- I am a big bath person -- a bath with RAW Essentials Raw-lief Bath Booster is amazing because it's detoxifying and hydrating at the same time. I also like to add a few drops of Raw Coconut Oil to the water or a light coating on my skin before getting in. I alternate the hot water with a few cold water splashes too to revitalize my skin and stimulate blood flow.
- I place small glasses of water with a few drops of aromatherapy oils on the heaters throughout my house. It keeps the air gently humidified and smelling incredible during the winter months.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I use RAW Essentials Raw-vitalize Anti-Aging Night Face Cream both day and night. It has a creamy, rich formulation and in the winter my skin just loves it. In a pinch, I also use pure, cold-pressed Olive Oil directly on my skin.
- Try not to pull or scrub skin too much in the winter -- it's dry and delicate, so the less you manipulate it the better.
Do you follow any of these tips? Have any others tips to add?