Photo by 4timesblessed
How gorgeous is her hair!
Frizzy hair is my enemy. If there is even a slight chance of rain outside, my hair looks like a poofy mess.
Sure, I've got all the products, but the price of those can add up.
Enter the Hair Smoothie! You can make it yourself with ingredients you might already have.
Mahisha Dellinger, curly-haired expert and creator of the CURLS organic hair collection, shares her recipe to fight frizz naturally.
Milk & Honey Hair Smoothie
You will need:
1 can of pure coconut milk
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoons of pure honey
2 tablespoons of olive oil
How to make:
Add ingredients to blender. Mix at high speed until your concoction reaches a smoothie consistency.
Instructions for use:
- Section hair into 4 segments.
- Generously apply evenly to hair, from root to ends concentrating on ends...as they are the most prone to frizz.
- Smooth hair into a protective style (a braided ponytail or bun).
- Leave on hair for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse and see the results!
- Feel free to substitute the olive oil for any natural oil of your choice.
- Add more oil for extra dry hair, try 1 tablespoon.
- Add more honey for hair that needs more sheen, try 2 tablespoons.
Of course if you don't want to make your own, you can buy Curl Gel-les'c ($25), a botanical based, organic curl styler that banishes frizz, makes your hair have great sheen, and holds those twirls in place.
I'm going to try this! Are you a fan of DIY beauty recipes?