5 Uses for Coconut Oil
16 oz. Coconut Oil
$12.99 From GNC.com
This weekend I was (once again) complaining about my greasy hair, and my mother-in-law sang the praises of coconut oil and its many natural beauty and health benefits. It moisturizes, conditions, nourishes, refreshes—you name it, coconut oil does it.
Here are five reasons to give coconut oil a try:
1. It moisturizes skin: Often used in expensive skin care products, coconut oil has a lot of fat, which is great for moisturizing and refreshing dry skin, as well as reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Use it after shaving or on chapped lips. It's mostly recommended for the body—not the face. Try this DIY Honey and Coconut Oil Moisturizer or this DIY Body Scrub.
2. It conditions damaged hair. Just massage a small amount into your scalp.
3. It relieves itchy skin irritations and mosquito bites. Care2 recommends mixing 1 cup coconut oil, 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil, 1 teaspoon Tea Tree oil,C and 20 drops of Lavender Essential oil; and applying to the inflammation.
4. It whitens teeth. Just swish 1 teaspoon (don't swallow!) before brushing.
5. It removes mascara. A dab of coconut oil on a cotton swab is all you need!
In addition to these beauty benefits, coconut oil may also protect against disease and cancer, relieve stress, promote weight loss, heal scrapes and cuts, boost energy, and aid in digestion. Pretty impressive, eh?
Do you use coconut oil?
Piping Hot Posts