Photo from Polyvore
My friend Jen is a teacher, which is pretty neat because her dad was my favorite teacher back in high school. Jen was a grade ahead of me in school and if I had to have a fashion icon back then, it would be her -- she always looked cool with her Joan Jett hair and perfect eyeliner. Hey, it was the 80s. (Love you, Jen!)
Her summer break is winding down and she asked me to find her some looks for the school year. Which is funny, since I had always looked to her for style. I hope I can inspire her with these outfits as much as she inspired me with hers back then.
And even if you aren't a teacher looking for back-to-school outfits, these are great on anyone -- it's a collection of early fall trends.
- A vintage style dress in a bright color. I really love this purple Fletcher by Lyell Silk Print Day Dress ($88) from Urban Outfitters.
- A poetic print blouse. Forever 21's Artist Chiffon Blouse ($22.80) is cheap and chic. Wear with pants for work, jeans on the weekend.
- Blazers! I love the cuff on Kenneth Cole New York Single Button Boyfriend Blazer ($99) from Nordstrom and you can wear this with anything.
- Long cardigans look great over skirts, dresses, even pant outfits. I love the whole look with the plaid shirt, too, and it's all from Banana Republic.
- A shift dress. Old Navy is great for basics and I love this Cotton Twill Shift Dress ($29.50) available in khaki, grey, and black. Layer with long cardigan or blazer. You can even wear with a belt at your natural waist.
- Vests. This look from Victoria's Secret is very polished and I love the rust and brown colors for fall. Vests can be worn over t-shirts to dress them up with pants, dresses, or almost anything.
You can find these looks in other stores, too. I just picked out some of my favorites.
Which is your favorite back-to-school/early fall look?