I love wearing scarfs as headbands in the summer! They're great for keeping hair back and out your face on those hot days, and they do wonders for a bad hair day.
To get this cute look you can either buy a headband hair scarf like this one from Garlands Of Grace on Etsy.com ($10.99). Or you can make your own using a light, summery square scarf. Here's how to do it:
- Style hair as desired—up or down is fine (mine is usually in a tangled ponytail/bun mess).
- Fold square into a triangle.
- Roll scarf from long edge of triangle end towards the tip of the triangle so it becomes a long thick rectangular band. Vary thickness of the band depending on the day: If it's a bad hair day, I usually go for as thick as possible so most of my hair is covered.
- Place center of band at forehead.
- Tie a knot under hair at the nape of neck.
How do you wear hair scarfs in the summer?