Oily skin, cellulite, and pimples...not cool at all. But most of the treatments for these three are way too expensive. I've had to cut back on my beauty spending, but that doesn't mean I'm not getting facials...I just do it at home now. You can too, and you can use the ingredients found right in your kitchen. I featured a recipe for a Pumpkin facial and now I've got more! All you need are apples, oatmeal, honey, coffee, and some milk. Sounds like breakfast, but it's not!
ErinaM has a great Journal post on natural beauty tips. Did you know that honey, lemon juice, and egg whites help to tighten pores?
I also talked with KnoxvilleDoula who said she had some great homemade beauty recipes to share. And she certainly did! Here are some:
Exfoliate and reduce oil with an oatmeal facial.
- Mix 1 cup of oatmeal (not instant) with no more than 1/4 cup of milk. Add milk in slowly and mix; stop when it makes a paste.
- Let soak for about 10 minutes, then apply to face.
- Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
An apple a day keeps the pimples away.
- Grate an apple and put in bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of honey and mash together.
- Apply to individual pimples or wear as a mask for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Coffee works overtime to get rid of cellulite.
- Mix 1/4 cup of ground coffee (or coffee grounds) with 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Rib vigorously on cellulite areas for about 5 minutes, then wrap area with plastic wrap. Leave on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off in shower and massage your daily lotion in for 5 minutes.
I'm going to try some of these tonight!
Have any other homemade beauty recipes you want to share?