Just hearing the word strawberry and I can smell the tart sweetness of it. Long ago, I had the Strawberry Shortcake doll -- with her weirdly wonderfully fake strawberry essence. Loved her!
So imagine if your feet, one of the smelliest parts of the body (mine usually are anyway), were scented like this yummy fruit -- the real fruit?
Let's make a strawberry foot scrub.
My husband needs some, too!
Why strawberries? Aside from the fantastic scent, the alpha-hydroxy acid in this fruit helps slough away dead skin, making your feet sandal ready and sweet enough for someone to nibble if that's your kind of thing.
Homemade Strawberry Foot Scrub
You will need:
- 8-10 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon of coarse salt -- I like sea salt
How to prepare:
- Remove stems and chop up strawberries. (Save two thin slices on the side.*)
- Place in bowl with oil and salt and thoroughly mash to form a paste.
- Mix all ingredients into a paste.
- Massage paste onto feet.
- Put your feet up, take those two slices you had on the side and place over closed eyes.* Strawberries reduces eye puffiness, too! You can also use this scrub for hands.
- Relax for 5 minutes, then remove slices from eyes and massage scrub off feet in cool water.