However, there are some beauty rituals that some think should be banned and Elle magazine does a great job at pointing them out.
- Chemical peels (Too extreme, sometimes burns skin.)
- Bad toupees
- Male chest waxing
- Colon cleansing
- Removal of pinky toe (People do this?! What happens when you wear sandals?)
- Really long acrylic nails
- Eye-liner tattooing
- Collagen foot injections (into balls of the feet for more cushion)
- Extreme tanning
- Abusive spa treatments (The Platza procedure is an actual beating with leaves.)
I have considered eye-liner tattooing, but I cannot imagine a tattoo needle that close to my eye. I've tried colon cleansing and oh my gosh it was the worst. Though I have friends who love it. And collagen foot injections sound good to me...but I would never spend money on that.
Check out Elle's feature on these beauty rituals that should be banned for photos and more commentary.
Tell me...would you get any of these procedures? Have you?