The trick to applying bronzer to your face is to make it look like you've been sun-kissed without over-baking. Just like laying in the sun, too much is a bad thing. Nobody should be orange!
So how do you apply bronzer the right way? I've got some answers....
When kellysteel2008 asked about what was the best bronzer to use in the All About Hair And Makeup group, LuminousMom not only shared her favorite face bronzing powder (bareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Color), but she had the most useful tips for application.
She shared that a friend of hers taught her a little trick to make sure it looks natural: Turn the lights off, hold a
flashlight above your head, and anywhere the light hits you, that's where you should put
bronzer. It's an easy way to replicate where the sun would naturally hit your face.
For a powder bronzer, she also suggests:
- Always use a light hand. Too little won't look silly, but too much will!
- Using a brush, dip into bronze powder and shake into brush well, shaking off any excess.
- Start blending at top of hairline, pulling it down a bit to temples.
- Brush a bit on cheeks where the sun would hit them, a little on nose, and a tiny bit on chin.
- If you're wearing a sleeveless or short sleeve top, blend a little on shoulder and neck so skin tones match.
- You can apply a light dusting of your regular powder for a softer look. LuminousMom uses Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil.
Other favorite bronzers include:
Have any other bronzing application tips to share? What's your favorite face bronzer?