Me with my friend Valerie -- we thought the feathers made us fancy
What are you doing for New Year's Eve? I'll admit that it's my least favorite night of the year to go out. I live in NYC and it gets too crazy and crowded, so I prefer a quiet evening at home watching the ball drop on TV. In years past, I've had a couple of friends over or kept it mellow at small gatherings.
Whether you're planning on hitting the town or are tucking the kids in at normal bedtime (or letting them stay up to watch the ball fall, too), you can still ring in the New Year with some beauty and style! I've rounded up some goodies featured in Beauty & Style Buzz perfect for the occasion.
- Pamper yourself with an at-home manicure.
- Dress up your jeans.
- Style your hair like a pin-up.
- Add some funky and fun accessories.
- Rent a designer dress.
- Wear bold tights.
- Break some fashion rules.
- Try these cool eyeshadow and liner tips.
- Get funky and mix prints.
- Have fun with some fake eyelashes.
- Doll up with smokey eyes.
- Apply glamorous makeup in five seconds.
- Wear a feather headband.
- Remember that you are beautiful!
Here's to a happy, healthy, and beautiful 2009!