Sometimes if you go green, you can save green. And that's exactly what CafeMom Liythia was thinking when she started looking into making her own beauty products...with items found right in her kitchen. Her first homemade product is face wash...and all you need is powdered milk and water.
Liythia recommends removing makeup first. She uses baby wipes and CafeMoms have a lot of other great suggestions on good makeup removers.
To make the milk cleanser, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of powdered milk
- Water from sink
Follow these steps:
- Splash your face with lukewarm water.
- Pour the powdered milk into your hand and then make a fist around it.
- Quickly go under the flow of water and wiggle fingers to make it into a paste. (Or put palms together and mix.) It's OK if it's runny.
- Rub the mixture on face like you would any other face cleanser and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Liythia says that her complexion looks radiant now that she's been using this milk cleanser. She used to get the occasional blemish, but now her skin is much better.
She stresses that the temperature of the water you use is vital.
- For oily and combination skin, use lukewarm.
- Dry skin, use a little cooler than lukewarm.
She also recommends Carnation powdered milk because other brands have made skin dry when tested on others.
Follow up with a 100 percent Witch Hazel toner (some have alcohol, so make sure to purchase one without).
Check out her journal for more info on this great face wash.
Would you try this homemade beauty recipe?