Photo by mediamom
I remember when I was in high school and my sister and I missed the bus, my mom would have to pull herself together enough to drive us to school. This meant putting on her signature bold berry lipstick. She would be un-showered, hair a mess, and still in PJs, but the jolt of lipstick was enough to make her feel presentable for the drive to our school. I love my mom!
You Know You're a Mom When....
1. You spend an entire week wearing sweats.
2. Your idea of a good day is making it through without a child leaking bodily fluids all over you.
3. Spit is your number one cleaning agent.
4. You're up each night until 10pm doing a ton of chores before you go to bed realizing you didn't eat a proper meal. You get up at 5:30am and repeat...yet you still managed to gain 10 pounds.
5. You have time to shave only one leg each shower.
6. You consider finger paint to be a controlled substance.
7. You hire a sitter because you haven't been out with your husband ages, then spend half the night talking about and checking on the kids.
8. You can't bear to give away baby clothes -- it's so final.
9. You hear your mother's voice coming out of your mouth when you say, "Not in your good clothes."
10. You say at least once a day, "I'm not cut out for this job," but you know you wouldn't trade it for anything.
You can read Spicywytch's full journal here...but share with me which ones you relate to most...or tell me something new. You knew you were a mom when....