Most women, when given a makeup or beauty tip -- a really good makeup or beauty tip -- do a little happy dance inside. After all, learning a really awesome eyeliner hack or defrizzing trick of the trade can be life-changing. In, you know, a shallow kind of way.
I've been collecting beauty tips since I was old enough to read Seventeen magazine, and because I'm feeling altruistic today, I'm sharing them with you ladies.
Here are 7 weird beauty tricks that just might change your life. Enjoy!
1. Tightline your eyes with eyeliner. I just learned this trick recently, and zomg, it's amazing. NY Mag has a good step-by-step guide of this makeup technique (and there are a million YouTube videos), but basically "tightlining" just means applying eyeliner to the underside of your top eyelids. It makes your eyes seriously pop without making you look like a drag queen.
2. Blow dry your lip plumper. Okay, I know this sounds insane (and, okay, it looks insane), but I once heard that, if you really want your lip plumper to plump your lips, aim a little heat at lips after applying it. Guys, it works. After putting on lip plumper, take your hair dryer on the lowest setting and point it toward your lips for a few seconds. Crazy results. Promise.
3. Tinted moisturizer + serum = flawless skin. I once read that the French girl's Friday Night Uniform is a white shirt, heels, red lipstick, and flawless skin. Sounded easy enough. But how do you get flawless, dewy, Kardashian-esque skin if you're not born with it? With tinted moisturizer and an oily serum! If you don't like looking like you're wearing a pound of makeup, apply a tinted moisturizer; wait a few minutes for it to "set"; then apply a serum (argan oil works) over it. The combination evens out your skin tone and gives you a healthy glow.
4. Have bangs and no time to wash your hair? Just wash your bangs! If you haven't any time to wash and blow dry your entire head, just stick your bangs under the faucet; apply a tiny bit of shampoo; rinse; and dry. When you have fringe, it's the focal point of your hair. So even though the rest of your head may feel oily, it's really not noticeable if your bangs look fresh.
5. For crazy smooth legs, shave them twice. I know, we all barely have time to shave our legs once, but if you have something special to do (and the extra time), shave your legs once in the morning, then again a few hours later. NO stubble will appear at any point during the night. Pinky swear.
6. Use a clarifying shampoo once a week. I've been using Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Shampoo since I was in high school -- because it works. If you use product in your hair like I do, this shampoo really, really gets it all out. The result? Super soft, squeaky clean hair.
7. Don't cut your cuticles! Ever! Once you cut, you never go back. Simply push them back after you get out of the shower, and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
What beauty tips do you want to share with the class?
Image via GARO/phanie/Phanie Sarl/Corbis