I don't know any woman that actually throws out her beauty products when she's supposed to. You know, there's that mascara in the medicine cabinet that shoulda been tossed three months back. And we all have that foundation that was a MUST-BUY on sale, which let's be real, has seen better days. With that said, it's super easy to get overwhelmed by your makeup collection, especially if you don't know which items are absolute necessities.
Take Teen Mom Chelsea Houska's makeup collection (left), for example. The super stylish momma knows how to do a fab smokey eye, and has the swag to show it. In fact, this is a MAJOR makeup mistake -- the girl's got TOO much going on! How does anyone have the time to sort through all that?
Have a makeup collection that's as big as Chelsea's? Check out our necessary makeup checklist, here:
1. Concealer: Even if you have great skin, it's always great to have some sort of backup in case a surprise pops up! Plus, use concealer to hide those ever-annoying under-eye circles before applying your foundation. Lately, I can't get enough of Makeup Forever's Invisible HD Concealer ($29, sephora.com).
2. Foundation: This can be liquid or powder, depending on the coverage you need. For those blessed with flawless cheeks, opt for a tinted moisturizer, instead.
3. Blush: This was something I've valued more and more with age. Give yourself some cheek definition with the right hue of rosiness. Our top picks: Clinique blushing blush powder in Aglow ($20, sephora.com).
4. Mascara: Oh the possibilities here. A sleek coat of mascara and your eyes will go from tired to fabulous. Although there are a whole slew of great pricey brands, mascara is one of those items you should change up regularly which means you can lean on the cheap side. Top pick? CL'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara ($7, walmart.com).
5. Tinted lip balm: Your lips need some moisturized loving, period. Whether or not you're into lipstick, a tinted lip balm can give you that necessary lubrication your lips crave without being over-the-top dramatic. Try Maybelline's Baby Lips ($2.99, target.com).
What's in your must-have makeup bag?
Image via chelseahouska/Instagram