When it comes to style icons, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Kate Middleton is probably in my top 3. Granted, the girl has a royal glam squad that helps her look absolutely perfect almost every time she steps out into the public eye, but that doesn't mean we can't all take a few style tips from her.
With that said, 2013 has been a major year for Kate Middleton. The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to Prince George, dyed her hair dark, and even changed stylists (whoa, buddy!).
In honor of the year that was, check out these 10 style lessons Kate Middleton taught us in 2013:
1. Dyeing your hair is risky but worth it: We all saw Kate's new dark brown hairstyle and to say it looks fabulous, well, that's an understatement. Slammin' those critics of her grays, the Duchess showed the world that darkening up your hairstyle is a total winter "DO" if you're willing to take the plunge.
More from The Stir: Kate Middleton & Prince William Are Getting 'Quirky' This Christmas
2. Black doesn't mean boring: The chic black coat Kate wore on Remembrance Sunday wasn't anything too special, but it was a great reminder that black can be super stylish.
3. Casual can be sexy: Seriously, I don't know anyone who rocks a pair of jeans and a blazer better than the Duchess of Cambridge. Appearance after appearance, Kate manages to pull together blazer and denim combinations that show moms everywhere dressing down doesn't necessarily mean a hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants.
4. A new hairstylist can be a good thing: After Kate was betrayed by hairstylist James Pryce, the Duchess opted for a new glam team. Sure, it's scary to mix things up. However, trying out a new hairdresser can mean the end to a blah hairstyle you've had for years. Not like Kate's hair has ever been blah.
5. Having a signature color is fun: For the past year the favorite color in Kate's wardrobe has been blue, blue, blue. I for one, adore it. If you have a color you love wearing, embrace it. Find different ways to rock the shade, from coats to dresses -- there is no limit.
6. New moms can look stunning, too: Just because you've recently had a baby doesn't mean you have to throw all style rules out the window. Kate looked GORGEOUS at her first appearance after giving birth to Prince George.
7. Good eyebrows make a major difference: Kate has definitely had help shaping her brows over the past few years. It's amazing how her current look frames her face so much better than in years past.
8. You're never too old for braces: A report came out back in January that Kate had 'work' done, as in -- she had invisible braces behind her teeth and got them whitened. Considering your smile is the first thing most people see when you meet 'em, I'd say this is one royal move totally worth mimicking for people not exactly proud of their choppers.
9. Re-wearing is OK: In my opinion, women everywhere are WAY too worried about re-wearing items. Ladies, it's no secret, no one is loaded with money to buy a new outfit for every damn day. Kate rewore a dress back in November, showing the world that she's just like the rest of us.
10. Longer legs are all in your waistline: Apparently Kate doctors all her dresses to have the waist sit a few centimeters above her natural waistline in order to give the illusion of longer legs. Even though Kate's naturally tall, this is a tip I could TOTALLY steal.
Do you have any style tips of your own?
Image via Splash News