Back from her perfectly styled and perfectly sunny girls' getaway in Miami with pal Julianne Hough, Nina Dobrev looked tanned and refreshed at the Great Gatsby premiere in New York City. In a sexy black and gold Versace dress, metallic Rupert Sanderson heels, and a cylindrical Jimmy Choo clutch, Nina proved that with a little sparkle, the LBD is anything but boring.
Here's how she does it.
- Sexy hair. Nina's long, effortless waves are easy to achieve. A few hot rollers or a large-barrelled curling iron and ba-bam! Hollywood glamour. Give roots a boost with a dry shampoo and finish with hairspray.
- The perfect piece of jewelry. Since Nina's LBD has a high neck, long earrings were the perfect choice. Huge, wide chandelier earrings are out, but long, elegant earrings that make a statement are in.
- A great dress. The most important thing about Nina's dress, and anyone's dress, is that it fits like a glove. The high neck serves to elongate her torso, the shoulder cut-outs highlight her toned arms, and the gold embellishments add texture and style. The length is sexy without being obscene -- a win all around.
- Stylish yet functional bag. Nina's small, tube-like clutch is both modern and vintage at the same time. But the best part is, it looks just big enough to hold everything she needs without overpowering the outfit.
- Hot shoes. Nina's metallic heels are sexy and sophisticated. They're also timeless. These puppies won't go out of style, ever, so she's invested (or borrowed) wisely.
Nina makes it look easy, and it is. With a little thought, a little black dress can turn lots and lots of heads.
Do you like her look?
Photo via Pacific Coast News