Photo from Polyvore
Photo from Polyvore
A lot of CafeMoms are buzzing about what to wear to a high school reunion -- what would you or did you wear?
When Marybeth was thinking of what to wear to her husband's reunion, she thought a cute turquoise and black top with jeans, high heels, and some cute jewelry was a good way to go -- not too over-dressed, but still stylish.
An anonymous CafeMom asked if they were "wow" knock-out jeans. We all know the difference between cool jeans and mom jeans. But she also suggested to go with black pants or a knee-length black skirt instead. She said, "classy and contemporary will beat young and trendy every time." Great point!
I really loved pupmom's response to another question on what to wear to a reunion. She said, "Never reveal too much about yourself or your life. Keep them in suspense." I like the way she thinks. I think we can also add that we shouldn't reveal too much skin either!
Here are some more style tips:
- The first thing you have to put on is confidence.
- Be yourself and highlight the best of you. This goes for style and substance. Have great legs but hate your middle? Wear a knee-length loose fitting dress with cute heels. Dress in what looks and feels best on you.
- Hate dresses? Don't wear one. Wear a dressy pair of jeans with a fancy top and dress shoes.
- Can't walk in heels? There are a lot of really cute flats that are just as dressy and stylish. Old Navy has some really cute flats for $10!
Where to buy looks above:
- Donna Morgan Matte Jersey Faux Wrap Dress in Amethyst ($98 from Nordstrom)
- Sequin Trim Paintbrush Print Top ($24 from Mandee)
- Francesca Empire-Waist Dress with Jeweled Belt in Back (plus sizes only, $117 from from igigi)
- Short Sleeve Black Dress with Embellished Neck ($90 from eDressMe)
- Context Printed Tie-Neck Silk Chiffon Blouse ($26.40 from Lord & Taylor)
- Silk Abstract Print Dress ($89 from Victoria's Secret)
What's your advice on what to wear to a high school reunion?