At the X Factor finalists party on Wednesday, Khloe Kardashian was looking fierce. Channeling those simply irresistible Robert Palmer backup dancers from the late '80s, the reality star and talent show host shined with bright red lips, understated foundation, and sharp eye makeup.
Love her dramatic, wintry look as much as I do? Here's how to get it.
- The hair. Thankfully, humidity really isn't an issue anymore (in most parts of the country, anyway), so keeping your mane smooth and shiny isn't too much of a challenge. Blow dry it straight, then use a flat iron to polish up the look. Use one of those teensy tiny rubber bands to make a small, half-pony at the top-back of your head, and finish off the 'do with either a great shine serum or spray shiner.
- The skin. Since it's winter, you can really spackle on the foundation. That doesn't mean it should be obvious; it just means that it's not so god-awful hot that it dripping down your face is a concern. For full-coverage, try Make Up Forever's Invisible Coverage Foundation.
- The eyebrows. Do not underestimate how important these puppies are. If Khloe didn't fill them in here, she would've looked crazy. Use a powder like Maybelline's if you've got less hair to work with, or a pencil like Revlon's if you're a regular Lily Collins.
- The eyelashes. Splink, splink! Look at her lashes. You can enhance your own with drugstore falsies (try it, totally easy slash not scary) or layer on the mascara, and while they're still kinda damp with the stuff, pinch them into small, triangular groups.
- The lips. Clearly, the lips steal the show. The best red on the market, in my opinion, is Yves Saint Laurent's Le Rouge - Blood Red. It smells like rich people's makeup, and it's worth every last goddamn cent.
Now what are you waiting for grrl, steal Khloe's look!
Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty