Mitt Romney's "binder full of women" comment has sparked some of the funniest Internet memes and political commentary in recent memory. So we decided to see how difficult it would be to make a "Binder Full of Women" Halloween costume. And boy, are we glad we did!
Whether you watched the last Presidential debate or not -- you walk into any Halloween party with this get-up and people will think you are genius. It is seriously the GREATEST DIY costume ever. Regardless of what side of the aisle your friends are on, this costume is sure to turn a few heads.
The best part ... the costume took us less than two hours to make and cost less than $20.
Now, let me teach you how to make your OWN "Binder Full of Women" costume -- complete with video tutorial!
Here's what you'll need:
· 3 sheets pre-cut foam board (38in x 48in)
· Several sheets of large poster board (for the pages inside the binder)
· Duct tape
· Binder rings
· Glue stick
And here's how you'll put it together:
1. Cut one of the sheets of foam board in half the long way. This will be the spine of your binder.
2. Use the two full sheets of foam board for the front and back covers of your binder.
3. Tape the foam board together, leaving about a half inch of space in each seam so you can open and close the binder.
4. Cut an armhole for your right arm. You want the hole to be close to the back of the binder and not too far from the top because once you stick your arm through it the binder will rest on your shoulder.
5. Use duct tape to outline the edges of the binder.
6. Use more duct tape to secure the binder rings.
7. Cut and paste your favorite women onto the poster board. These are the pages of your binder. Punch them onto the rings.
8. Cut two holes in the back of the binder on either side of your waist. Push a ribbon through the holes and tie it around your waist so the back of the binder is secure against your back.
9. Make a label for the front of your binder -- I went with a label-maker font, but you might be more of a Trapper Keeper kind of gal.
And you're done! All you'll need is a Halloween-themed drink and you'll be good to go.
What do you think of this Halloween costume? Will you try to make it?