Hollywood's finest really pulled out the fashion big guns at last night's 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The red carpet in front of the Nokia Theater in downtown L.A. was full of crazy bright colors. Sofia Vergara looked stunning, despite her "wardrobe malfunction," and holy WOW Heidi Klum and her thigh-high slits made me drool. But is it just me, or was this the year of hot dress, weird face to match?
I'm not just talking about the sweltering temperatures making for makeup mishaps either. From awkward "messy" hair to weird eyeliner, there were a handful of celebs who picked the right gown but the execution, well, was just a little off.
Let's take a look at 5 stars whose hair and makeup ruined their 2012 Emmy look:
1. Ginnifer Goodwin: Holy. Wow. When I first saw the Once Upon a Time star wearing this dress, I was skeptical. It's a lot to take in. It quickly grew on me though, the orange detailing was bold choice that I think really worked with her. Her makeup though, eeesh. Up close, Goodwin's eyeshadow looked poorly blended, and I could hardly see her eyes during a pre-show interview.
More from The Stir: Actress’ Embarrassing Emmys Panty Flash Was Bound to Happen in That Dress
2. Julie Bowen: I ADORED Bowen's dress. It's a bright bright yellow, for sure, but it totally worked with her skin tone and eensy frame. The hair, loose in an effort to dress down the overall look, just seemed messy and undone. I think she could have cleaned it up a bit more for a more polished final product.
3. January Jones: Does the Mad Men star not look like a dead ringer for Natalie Portman in Black Swan? The black lacy dress really is fabulous and different and I adore the way that it's structured and perfectly fits her thin silhouette. However, the eyes were just oh-so-intense, and with her hair slick backed, it was a little too over-the-top.
4. Nicole Kidman: The dress was quirky and I thought it really suited her. However, the blue eyeliner along her bottom lash line threw me off. Come on, Kidman -- you're generally an awards show pro!
5. Ashley Judd: OK, so Judd's dress was NOT the cutest thing on the red carpet. In fact, it sort of looked like she was going to her senior prom all over again. However, that beehive made me straight up cringe. WHAT was she thinking here? Too much height, for sure. I feel horrible for whoever had to sit behind her.
Take a look at some more 2012 Emmy fashion, here:
What were your favorite looks from last night's Emmy Awards?
Addicted to beauty and style? Make sure you follow us on Pinterest, the virtual pin board that is seriously addicting! Check out some of our favorite boards, including Celebrity Style and our hilarious I'll Take That Dare style videos, and you'll see what we mean.