I love sharing beauty and fashion advice with all of you ... but now I need your help.
Over the last few weeks, the delicate skin just beneath my eyes has gotten very dry. I've tried every eye cream I have on the area (including some super-expensive samples), but nothing's really helping. In fact, it's only making things worse -- I woke up this morning with PUFFY skin under my eyes and darker-than-normal circles.
That's why I need your help. How do you keep the skin around your eyes moisturized? What do you do about dark circles under your eyes? And how do you eliminate that puffiness FAST?
Let me know in the comments!
Here are some remedies for puffy eyes that I've found online:
- Drink plenty of water to clean out your system.
- Place two slices of cool cucumber on the eyes for several minutes.
- Moisten two tea bags in cold water, chill them in the refrigerator, and place them over closed eyelids for several minutes.
- Refrigerate 4-6 spoons, place on eyes for a few minutes. As each spoon warms, replace with another.
- Whip 1 or 2 egg whites until stiff and apply with a brush underneath your eyes.
As for the undereye circles, I see a lot of products on the market, but I wonder if any of them really will get rid of the problem.
I'm pretty sure the cause of my under eye problems is allergies. Everything's beginning to bloom around here, and I notice I've been more tired and stuffy-nosed than usual. Eye problems seem like another likely allergy symptom.
But I do want RELIEF.
Any suggestions? What have you tried personally to combat puffy eyes and dark circles that has actually worked?
Image via NeuroticCamel/Flickr