See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
They may not look like much. Simple mittens. Adult mittens. They aren't fancy leather gloves. They aren't fur-lined. They can't work an iPhone because of special fingertip technology. In fact -- they can't work anything, well, because they are mittens! And, to top it all off, they were $75.
But do you know what they can do? They can keep my hands nice and warm. Not so warm that they start to sweat ... but warm enough so that my hands don't even feel like they are outside.
My husband thought I was nuts when I told him how much they cost. I, kind of, thought I was nuts too. Who pays $75 for mittens? But any doubt I had disappeared when I slipped my hands into their fleece-like warmth.
To justify my purchase (which, of course, I don't need to do, but still -- I feel like I need to do), I've listed out six reasons why my Grandoe mittens were worth every penny.
1. When I go skiing my fingers won't feel like they are going to fall off as I sit on the chairlift in ridiculously low temperatures (muttering under my breath the entire way up, "Why am I on this ski-lift again?").
2. They should last me for years. Hell, maybe even for the rest of my whole damn life. I am not digging in the dirt with these things ... I am wiping snot (usually not my own) and walking around town.
3. Did I mention they are warm. And that works for my every day as well as my once a year ski trip. They are warm as I wait for the bus to send my kids off to school. Warm as I wait for the train to send myself off to work. You get the idea. Warm. Warm. Warm.
4. I never buy myself stuff like this. I shop for my kids but I rarely shop for myself. And when I do shop for myself, I am always bargain hunting and checking price tags -- and you know what -- it felt great to click the "add to cart" button and treat myself to something.
5. These mittens will make some killer snowballs. The palm-side of these things are perfectly round and smooth.
6. My daughter tried them on and she said it felt like her hand was wrapped in a cozy blanket.
Yep, totally worth it!
Is there something you've splurged on that was totally worth the money?
Image via Amazon