The Kardashians are known for their gorgeous long brown hair and wavy signature style. That's exactly why I love seeing what happens when they mix things up. Kourtney and Khloe had a book signing last night in Calabasas, California, and Kourt rocked this adorable updo that I'm gaga over. Doesn't she totally look chic and sophisticated?
I know you may be thinking -- isn't this just another lame old ponytail? No, not at all! Besides, it's how she executed it that makes this style so refreshing and flattering.
Check out these 5 tricks for the perfect updo:
1. Don't make it too sleek: The last thing you want is to look like you took a can of hairspray to your face and cemented your strands to your skull. Kourtney still looks clean and polished here without perfectly spraying her style into place. Also, the part in her hair is straight but not too rigid or defined, making the whole look softer and much more fun and playful.
2. Play up the jewelry: Kourt rocked some adorable mod-looking earrings with her hairstyle, and I love them! Big earrings help balance out the proportions of the face when you pull your hair back, as well as dress up the look as a whole. I'm all for trying something different, too. If you usually wear silver, opp for gold, and vice versa.
3. Don't overdo it: It's clear that Kourt teased her hair here, but it still looks natural. Don't go over-the-top by making the top poof too big. The last thing you want is people confusing you with Snookie.
4. Go fresh faced: Since, generally speaking, an updo isn't your everyday go-to look, it's best to stay light on the makeup. Kourtney's pink lip is adorable, and her eye makeup doesn't make her appear like she's trying too hard. Your best bet is to play up one thing, and choose between a bold lip or a darker eye.
5. Make sure you've got the cute duds to match: Sometimes pulling your tresses away from your face can make you look a lot more casual. Avoid this by rocking a great ensemble to go with your hairdo. The oldest Kardashian sister paired her hairstyle with a stellar vest, a sheer white top, black skinny jeans, and high black boots.
Do you ever go for an updo? If so, do you have any tips and tricks yourself?
Image via Splash News