Rachel McAdamsActress Rachel McAdams looked stunning and sultry on the red carpet at the Morning Glory premiere in New York City the other night.
Rachel wore a gray strapless dress and her hair, back to a lovely blonde again, was tousled, textured, and full of crazy gorgeous volume. HOT!
Sebastian stylist Thomas Dunkin crafted Rachel's sexy, voluminous coif with a punch of rockstar glam for the event. Read on to find out how to get this hairstyle.
For those of you who want Rachel's glam hairdo, Thomas Dunkin shares his step-by-step styling tips so you can re-create the look at home:
- Saturate freshly washed hair with a volume-building spray gel for heat protection and touchably soft volume.
- Rough dry with hands and blow-dryer, lifting random sections while twisting hair in different directions until very nearly dry.
- Place hair in very large Velcro rollers in a brickwork pattern for maximum root lift. Complete drying with a diffuser, then allow the rollers to cool and set.
- Remove rollers and apply a sparse amount of soft, dry texturizer through the ends of the hair. Apply another blast of heat with the hair dryer to work up the hair’s texture by massaging the roots with fingertips.
- Part the hair low so that a big section of fringe sits asymmetric and falls sensually over one eye. To exaggerate the style and build up the shape, set the style with brushable strong-hold hairspray by spraying into the stream of hot air from the hair dryer.
- Apply soft, dry texturizer again loosening the look with your hands and defining the sections that give a disheveled but modern edge to the final look.
What do you think of Rachel's premiere night hairstyle? And do you like her better blonde or brunette?
Image via Neilson Barnard/Getty