Officially, Black Friday (the biggest shopping day of the year) comes on November 26 this year, but a few retailers are getting in on the action early, offering deals TODAY.
The early Black Friday sales mostly involve electronics and computers ...
But Sears has a Black Friday sale today on some of its clothing as well, including coats for juniors (i.e., some of you) and kids for just $19.99! There are a few dozen to choose from, like this cute double breasted coat, which retails for $39.99.
Read on to find out a few tips and tricks you can use now to save the most over the next few weeks!
- Kmart also has a "Better than Black Friday" sale going on today through Sunday that includes jeans for the whole family for $6.99-$7.99. I might just get in on this one -- both my little ones could use an extra pair or two for winter. Through tomorrow you can get an extra $10 off orders of $100 or more with the code 10CHRISTMAS100 or $5 off $50 or more with the code WINTER (good through 12/26).
- ESPRIT is offering a whopping 40% off your order through Sunday with coupon code Z87C79PZ.
- Amazon will be offering a week of amazing Black Friday deals, starting November 22. The online retailer will be adding new deals on everything from jewelry to toys all day, every day. Bookmark this page to keep up on what's on sale.
- Nearly all stores will announce their Black Friday deals on Monday, 11/22 or Tuesday, 11/23. My advice is to make a list now of what you'd like to buy your friends and family members for Christmas, then do your research Monday and Tuesday to find out where you can get these items most cheaply on the 26th.
- 95% of Black Friday deals will be available online, so you don't have to get up at 2 in the morning on the 26th to participate! (I did it once and all I can say is NEVER AGAIN. Just get online early to get the best availability and selection.)
- Even if your favorite stores aren't advertising Black Friday deals, chances are excellent that they will have great sales on Friday. Check them out!
- If you're headed out on Black Friday, bring the ads with you -- this will help avoid any confusion about advertised rices.
- If you're shopping online, do a quick search for a coupon code before you buy. I always do this anyway and often find extra deals on what I'm about to purchase.
- Want to keep track of all the deals? Follow @blackfriday on Twitter, or check out SlickDeals, BlackFriday.info, or BlackFriday @ GottaDeal.com.
Got any more Black Friday tips? Share them with us in the comments!
Image via Sears.com