Juliette LewisJuliette Lewis, Hilary Swank, and lots of other stars hit the streets of NYC on Sunday night for the premiere of her new movie Conviction.
Sebastian stylist Thomas Dunkin styled the tresses of actress Juliette Lewis for a vampy, textured look that complemented her red lace strapless dress. Thomas was inspired by the punk rock chic and effortless look of Patti Smith, which he drew from to create Juliette’s ‘do for the evening.
I love this sexy rocker hair. Read on to find out how to get this look and to watch Juliette Lewis's bad-ass new rock 'n' roll music video.
For those of you who really want Juliette's rock 'n' roll hair, Thomas shares his step-by-step styling tips for re-creating the look:
- Begin by saturating the hair from root to tip with volume-building spray gel.
- Separate hair into medium-sized sections.
- Twist each section and alternate between a clockwise and counter-clockwise direction for a wavy texture that is full of volume.
- Dry the twists with the hairdryer, twisting them undone and then re-twisting again while they dry.
- Blow dry bangs with a large round brush to give the look a rock, chic effect.
- Curl the ends with a curling iron just to put a slight wave in them.
- Finish the look with brushable, strong-hold hairspray to give the hold it needs.
So glad to hear Juliette is doing okay after her hit-and-run accident she survived the same night of the screening.
But in case you forgot how bad-ass Juliette is, don't miss her new rockin' music video:
Are you going to try to rock this hairstyle?
Image via Stephen Lovekin/Getty