Marc JacobsThe beauty and fashion industries seem to finally be taking interest in plus-size fashion enthusiasts. In the past few years, we finally saw a plus-size model on the runway in London's Fashion Week, more plus-sized gals appeared in women's magazines, Crystal Renn became the first plus-size supermodel and appeared on the cover of Italian Vogue, Saks Fifth Avenue started selling designer labels in sizes above size 10, the trendy store Forever 21 launched its plus-size brand Faith 21, and voluptuous actress Christina Hendricks of Mad Men fame has become a frequent cover girl and much-loved fashion icon.
Now will style trendsetter Marc Jacobs be the first major designer to produce plus-size clothes for women?
Sounds like we can count on Marc plus nine other reasons -- including five Marc Jacobs deals under $100 -- we love him so!
10 Reasons We Love Marc Jacobs
1. Marc Jacobs in talks about a plus size line.
Last week, Robert Duffy, president of the Marc Jacobs label, tweeted the following: "Listen, we are in the very beginning stages of talking to a partner about plus sizes." Woohoo! It's true, it's true.
Duffy also admitted, however, that he doesn't like the label "plus size." So what do you think this new full figure line will be called? Duffy responded to one Twitter groupie's suggestion: "love 'Above Average'! You rock! That's what I'm talking about! I learn so much. I can't use it now. It's out there in public. But you are clever."
GQ commissioning editor Jonathan Heaf said: "If anyone can turn their hand to plus size clothes -- out to create something elegant rather than simply make a splash for their own name -- it's Marc. About time, I say. He just makes pretty, modern, sexy clothes for pretty, modern, sexy girls; girls confident enough not to have to shout to be noticed."
2. He makes pretty clothes for kids: love the Little Marc Jacobs
3. The handbags, dear god, the handbags!
4. Fabulous Resort 10 Ready to Wear collection
5. Lovely Fall Winter 10 Ready to Wear collection
PLUS 5 Marc Jacobs Scores Under $100
6. Selma Plaid Blouse & Mini-Check Shorts (reg. $168 each; sale price $75 each) at Neiman Marcus (sale ends 8/12/10 at 11:59 PM CT)
7. 'Candy' Stretch Bracelets (reg. $58; sale price $37.90) at Nordstrom
8. Sunglasses in Dark Havana Gold ($84) at Revolve Clothing
9. Fitted Blazer - Charcoal (reg. $258; sale price $99) at Barney's New York
10. French Terry Jumpsuit (reg. $128; sale price $75.99) at Sak's Fifth Avenue
I want, I want, I want that French Terry Jumpsuit. Adorable!
Why do you love Marc Jacobs?
Images 1-4 via Marc Jacobs, first by Matt Jones