Grecian inspiration seems to be the goddess of celebrity style these days -- Chelsea Clinton wore a Grecian-inspired gown to her reception and Alicia Keys' maternity wedding gown held an ode to the Greeks. And here we see January Jones rocking some seriously seductive Grecian twists for a Mad Men party in New York City.
Today, we talk to Thomas Dunkin, the professional stylist who tended to the tresses of the leading lady, and he tells us how to get create this pretty party hairstyle.
Actress January Jones sparkled on the red carpet in a haute couture gown and a modern Grecian-inspired hairstyle that complemented the look.
Want to create this look yourself? Thomas Dunkin is going to share with us a step-by-step “how-to” for achieving the actress’ slightly undone updo with modern texture.
- Starting with damp hair, saturate strands from root to tip with a volume-building spray gel.
- Tousle hair with fingers while blow drying to work in volume to maintain a look of “yesterday” texture.
- Once dry, run hands through hair while spraying a brushable, strong-hold hairspray throughout for added texture and hold.
- Randomly select pieces to set with a curling iron for another dousing of texture.
- Section off hair starting at the top slightly to the right of center.
- With each section, apply a dab of a soft, dry texturizer and twist the hair from front to nape making sure to keep a random, textured effect.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 across the whole head, securing each section with clear Blax bands and bobby pins.
- Massage the hair over the whole head, pulling slightly, for a disheveled finish with a modern twist.
What do you think of January Jones' party hair?
Image via Splash News