I already tried Whitney Port's sultry middle part ... up next, Olivia Palermo's high wrapped ponytail. Seriously, do these girls have hair and makeup people? Because they always look flawless. I definitely think that Olivia does ... she never has a hair out of place. But I think Whitney is more down to earth ... case in point, she shoots at home in her in robe.
I fell in love with Olivia's retro look she sported on her trip to Japan last episode ... check it out. It's great for work or super-flirty for a date.
Here's how to get the look ...
1. For perfect results, skip the wash and dry. The extra oil in your hair will make it easier to work with.
2, Instead, combat greasiness with Oscar Blandi's Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray ($23). It completely blends in with your hair so you won't have any pesky powder residue, instantly boosts volume, and absorbs excess oil and product build-up.
3. Then, using a soft bristle brush like Sephora's Large Volumizing Hair Brush ($15), gently smooth your hair back. Try not to take the brush all the way to your scalp. By just brushing back the top few layers, you'll have more volume and avoid that slicked-back, pulled-super-tight look.
4. Gather in a high ponytail and at the nape of the back of your neck, pull out a 1-inch by 1-inch section of hair. Smooth out the back leaving the section dangling.
5. Secure your ponytail with a tight elastic, then take the dangling section and wrap it around the base of the ponytail. Secure with a bobby pin making sure to hide the pin under your ponytail.
6. Finally, use a large barrel curling iron to curl small sections out, not in.
Voila! Olivia's totally girlie yet chic look.
Would you try a high wrapped ponytail?