My favorite accessory this summer is a scarf. Not a wintry, thick scarf but the thin, silky kind.
They come in every color and pattern and are a great way to add pizazz to any outfit ... especially at the beach. And a scarf makes you feel a little more dressed when you're just wearing a slinky tank dress.
I have a few vintage ones from my grandmother and love finding new ways to wear it.
Check out my 15 fab ways to sport a scarf this summer ...
- Tie it loose around your neck like in the photo.
- Twist it and wear in a thin tight band around your neck -- very '50s.
- Like a tie ... long or short -- hello, stylish menswear.
- Use it as a headband by folding into one long strand.
- Wear as a headscarf like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Tie it on your purse for a little flash.
- Wrap it around your wrist for a pop of color.
- For a long scarf, wear as a colorful thin belt around your hips.
- Or as a wide belt that goes around your tummy.
- Turn it into a little purse. Really, here's how.
- As an ascot, you preppy gal, you.
- Around your shoulders as a shawl.
- Big scarf? Try it as a sarong over your bathing suit.
- Around your bicep a la Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Make a tube top like this ...
What's your favorite way to wear a scarf?
Image via S.Su/Flickr