Many of us don't own a $60 USA jersey that we can wear while watching the World Cup, nor do we want to (not only because of the high price, but they're just not flattering). You may think that just because you don't have an official jersey, you can't support your team through fashion. Au contraire, my dear. There are plenty of ways you can show team spirit and still look chic without killing your wallet.
If you've followed my posts, you know that I'm a big fan of using accessories to make an outfit. A basic tank can be paired with any of the above items and BAM ... you're rocking patriotism.
- Scarves: They have official World Cup scarves out for $20, but if you can find a scarf in your team's colors, go for it.
- Bandanas: These items come in just about every color, so pick one and wear it in your hair, around your arm, or any other body part for a boho chic/nationalistic look.
- Beads: Dig out those those beads that you acquired at that Mardi Gras party for flashing ... I know you have some.
- Nail Polish: Oh the possibilities -- create designs on your nails using your team's colors, or for those of us that aren't quite that talented, simply alternating the colors on your fingers will show off your spirit fingers.
- Socks: Pairing colored knee-high socks with a shorts and heels is a fun, quirky way to wear your colors. Happy Socks has fun flag socks available (shown), but I like the idea of wearing regular striped soccer socks.
What are some unique ways that you show of your team's colors?
Image via Polyvore.com