Photo by Brianne DiSylvesterWhen I hear side ponytail, the image of the '80s version pops into my head.
You know the one -- the ridiculous fountain of hair jutting out from the side of your noggin.
Well these days, the new version is a lot more sophisticated than you think.
See how to get the look ...
- After washing and towel drying your hair, make a deep part on either side of your hair (whichever you prefer).
- Blow-dry starting at your scalp and work your way down.
- Leave the ends just a little bit damp.
- Comb through your hair again and add a smoother or light gel to tame flyaways.
- Tuck behind your ears and bring your hair to the opposite side that your part is on.
- Secure in a low ponytail with a hair tie and tighten.
- Lightly push up the back of your hair to create a little pouf.
- Twist the ponytail with a light gel to get that ringlet look.
Would you try a side ponytail?