Photo from Polyvore.comMusic festivals and summer go hand in hand. Now that your favorite bands are moving from the indoor concert halls to the grassy lawns, it means you need to put serious thought into your outfit now, taking Mother Nature into account.
- Vest: It's so much easier to store your stuff in a pocketed vest than having to carry around a purse.
- Handbag: If you must bring a purse, go with something that will keep your hands free, like this cross-body handbag from Urban Outfitters.
- Tank: Something loose fitting and comfortable is your best bet. Stay away from white (if it rains, you'll be showing off more than your arms) and dark colors (unless you want to attract the sun's heat).
- Denim Shorts: Preferably an old, worn pair that you won't mind getting dirty.
- Simple Flip-Flops: As cute as your gladiators may be, you're going to be out in the sun all day ... do you want odd tan lines on your feet? I really like these simple flip-flops from American Eagle Outfitters.
- Shades: I don't know about you, but if I'm at a concert, I'm shakin' my booty. These outdoorsman sunglasses from Ray Ban have hooks that keep them from slipping off your ears -- genius!
- Sunblock: Sunblock, sunblock, sunblock! I can't say it enough. Protect your skin!
Are you going to any music festivals this summer?