Photo from Polyvore.comI never got the hang of crocheting when I was younger; I just didn't have the patience to make what would become an unrecognizable version of a scarf. So, I'm perfectly fine with leaving the crocheting to the designers and grandmas out there.
Crochet showed up on the spring runways for designers like Chanel ... quite the difference from the doilies that are underneath your grandparents' candy jar. Though I'm not a huge fan of the full crochet cardigans and dresses (they aren't very flattering because there's no structure), I do like this trend in bits and pieces. A hat here, a bracelet there. All in modesty, my dear.
From top left, clockwise:
- Turquoise crochet bracelet ($40) from American Eagle Outfitters
- Pins and Needles crochet straw cloche ($28) from Urban Outfitters
- Crochet back vest ($16) from American Eagle Outfitters
- Crochet belt ($13) from Wet Seal
- The Mabel bag ($62) from Karmaloop
Do you know how to crochet? Do you have any crocheted items?