Photo from Polyvore.com
I still have another two years until my 10-year high school reunion (which means I should probably start working on this body, like, now!). But for those of you who have some type of reunion in your near future, you're probably freaking out about what to wear. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- I know, you have boobs now. Hooray! But as much as you may want to show off the ta-tas that you gained during freshman year of college (or for some of you, during your preggo years), try not to. You'll look like you're trying too hard and it can come off as trashy. This pretty purple dress from Yes Style has a neckline that is high-cut but still sexy.
- However, if you've lost some poundage since your former classmates last saw you, show it off! Be proud of you bod! Pick something that's curve-fitting without letting it all hang out. Now, if you're like me and have gone the opposite way (hey, I played sports regularly back then!), choose something that highlights your best assets. For example, I work out my legs on a regular basis, so I'd wear a shorter dress to draw attention to my stems.
- Choose a cocktail outfit as opposed to a full-fledged formal gown. This isn't prom 2.0. Thank goodness.
- You can't go wrong with the LBD, but it's always good to be a little daring, especially amongst those who once teased you (oh, the horror of high school). Wear a color that you know looks great on you. It'll boost your confidence as your strut in there with your hot self.
- Wear heels. I know the thought of dancing all night in heels doesn't sound appealing, but they make your legs look great, and they improve your posture, which makes you look more slimming. A girl is only as stylish as her shoes, after all, and pumps like these peep toe suede ones from Guess have a chic leather buckle and strap to keep them from being boring.
- Accessorize! Choose one or two signature pieces and rock them. For a sophisticated yet flirty look, wear a necklace of layered pearls, like these from Pac Sun. Or, if you already have a long strand, loop it around several times and knot it in several areas, making it look chunky.
The best thing that you can wear is confidence, whether it's because you now have a beautiful family or an amazing career (or both!). Remember, you're a confident, beautiful, sexy, sophisticated woman ... own it!
Have you had a high school reunion yet? Did you go? What did you wear?