Photo by About.com: Teen FashionWant hot new shoes without spending too much dough? Try spray painting your scuffed-up kicks.
Candy-colored and metallic heels are hitting the red carpets, and now they can grace your tootsies for a fraction of the cost.
Here's how ...
- Start with an old pair of scuffed-up heels. Clean them with a wet paper towel and let dry completely.
- Lay out newspaper on the ground outside and stuff your soles with it too.
- If you want to get creative with a different colored heel, stripes, or a bold mock peep-toe, use painters tape to mark off those sections.
- Then, using your fave color spray paint, go to town. Use metallic for a patent leather look and matte for a more professional look.
- Let dry overnight.
- Finally, strut your stuff in your old-meets-new heels.
I love turning landfill-bound items into trendy statement pieces.
Have you ever spray painted your shoes?