photo by ShansBerman
I know my baby is learning from me—how to talk, how to eat, and how to dance like a silly person. But I've probably learned more from her in these past 16 months than she has from me, and my life is so much better. My daughter has taught me:
1. To smile more. When you smile at people, they'll always smile back.
2. It's okay just to be good enough. Of course no one's perfect, but I used to try my very best. Now, I can't spend as much time as I used to getting caught up in the minutiae, and everything still turns out fine.
3. Not to be in such a hurry. She's taught me to slow down and notice more of the world around me. She sees things I'd never see without her.
4. Anyone can be your friend. You don't have to have a gazillion things in common to get to know and cherish another mom.
5. I don't need as much sleep to function as I thought I did. Well, at least I can get by on less, even though I want more.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
What have you learned from your baby?
Do it yourself
Concierge service through your credit card