photo by clwlockey
Bouncy seats are great—you can put your baby in it while you get things done around the house, and they'll be content to sit and entertain themselves. They're also one way to soothe a crying baby. Do you have one yet?
Like any piece of baby gear, you should ensure that your bouncy seat is safe for your baby. I came across these tips from Consumer Reports Best Baby Products. Keep them in mind when shopping for or using your bouncy seat.
1. Get a secure harness. Make sure the fasteners are strong and easy to work.
2. Make sure the seat is stable. Press it in different places—it should not tip over. The base should be wider than the seat itself.
3. Consider the cost—some bouncy seats can cost $200, but that doesn't mean you have to spend that much to get a safe one.
4. Stick with the infant weight limit.
5. Use the seat on the floor only.
6. Always use the harness.
7. Stop using it as soon as baby can sit up on his own.
For more information, take a look at Bouncy Seats.
Do you have a bouncy seat? What kinds of things do you get done while your baby is in it?