It seems like with every passing year, the names people give their babies are getting weirder and weirder. Gone are the days of going for something traditional and common. (Gah. Don't you know how boring that is?)
It's almost like there's some sort of competition going on to see who can come up with the most original and unique moniker for their kid -- though sometimes parents really take the concept of being different a bit too far.
More from The Stir: 30 Holiday-Inspired Baby Names for Your Jolly Bundle of Joy
Here are 25 of the most outlandish baby names we heard in 2013. My apologies if your child's name happens to be on this list!
- North West -- a.) Kim Kardashian's baby girl is number one on the list because of course she is -- and b.) do I really have to elaborate on why this is about the worst baby name ever?
- Flame -- Yes ... Flame. That's what actress Tina Malone just named her baby. Apparently she thinks the child is a superhero in the making.
- Messiah -- A judge in Tennessee tried to get baby Messiah's named changed to Martin, that's how controversial it was.
- Blip -- Yes, as in a blip on the radar. According to Baby Center, at least three parents gave their daughter this name.
- Cheese -- Whaaaaa???
- Hurricane -- Not going to comment, here because I don't want to sound insensitive.
- Ajax -- Perhaps these babies were conceived in a freshly cleaned bathroom?
- Creedence -- Hard core fans of the band, I suppose.
- Rainbow -- Holly Madison's daughter has a very colorful name!
- Feline -- Because why not? Meow.
- Green -- What's next ... magenta?
- Gacari -- I'm not even sure how to pronounce this one.
- Anal -- This baby name is so horrible, it's actually banned in New Zealand.
- Vernon -- Vince Vaughn named his kid Vernon. Maybe it sounds weird to me because it's the name of a neighboring town to where I live. I'm not digging it.
- Cricket -- Busy Phillips' daughter is bound to face all sorts of insect jokes growing up.
- Daxel -- Model Lisa D'Amato's son is named Daxel. She also drinks placenta smoothies. Correlation?
- Luhv -- Sounds like this name was the result of a text message.
- Quart -- Guess it's better than pint.
- Farmer -- No words.
- Danish -- But is this kid a cheese or fruit flavored pastry?
- Lincoln -- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepherd's baby name would've been ok for a boy. But Lincoln for a girl? Poor kid.
- Kiwi -- I can't decide if this is better or worse than Apple.
- Zamboni -- Sure, sports-themed baby names make sense. But do your kid a favor and try and pick something remotely suitable.
- Felony -- ????
- Random -- Guess it's a good last resort name if you can't come up with anything else.
What's the wackiest baby name you've heard this year?
Image via Rebecca Drobis/Corbis