This weekend, I tried to take my baby's picture for our holiday card, and this is how most of them came out. Obviously I'm not a professional photographer. Fortunately, Cafe Cynthia interviewed pictureperfect, who is the owner of the Photo Moms group, for tips on taking a great holiday photo. She had some great suggestions.
1. Don't take a picture close to nap time, bedtime, or right after a meal.
2. If you shoot outside, don't do it in bright sunlight.
3. Have something handy to distract the baby—like a feather duster or toy.
4. Use simple staging ideas—nothing too fancy.
5. Forget perfection—let your baby's personality shine through. (How about the top of her bald head?)
6. Try a photo sharing site like mpix.com.
And take this bit of advice from me: If your baby is mobile, have a wrangler there to help you. It's really hard to take the photo alone—trust me!
Have you taken your baby's picture yet? Did you do it yourself? Or did you hire a professional? Got any tips or stories to share?