If you weren't totally head over in heels in love with Prince William already, brace yourself, because some serious heart-fluttering is about to go down. The new father sat down with CNN for his first interview since Duchess Catherine gave birth to their son, Prince George, and he comes off as refreshingly honest, down-to-earth, and charming.
Here, the eight sweetest things Prince Charming William had to say about what life and royal parenthood are like so far ...
- On debuting Prince George to the world so soon after his birth: "I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine about George, that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him. As any new parent knows, you’re only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything. ... I'm just glad he wasn’t screaming his head off the whole way through!" Aww, he is such a proud papa!
- On his now famous car seat installation: "Believe me, it wasn't my first time. And I know there's been speculation about that. I had to practice, I really did! ... I was terrified it was going to fall off or the door wasn't going to close properly. So I had actually practiced with that seat, but only once before." Ha, and likely not just because he was worried he wasn't going to do it right for little George's sake, but because the entire WORLD was watching!
- On his decision to drive the Range Rover away from St. Mary's himself: "Driving your son and your wife away from the hospital was really important to me, and I don't like fuss, so it's much easier to do it yourself."
- On being the first to change George's diaper, aka "nappy": "I did the first nappy, a badge of honor! ... I had every midwife staring at me, 'You do it. You do it!'"
- On Prince George's personality so far: "He's a little bit of a rascal, let's put it that way! He either reminds me of my brother or me when I was younger, I'm not sure. ... [He is] growing quite quickly actually. But he's a little fighter. He kind of, he wriggles around quite a lot. And he doesn't want to go to sleep that much, which is a little bit of a problem."
- On Kate as a mom: Wills revealed that he does get up quite a bit during the night to tend to George, but "not as much as Catherine. ... She's doing a fantastic job. She's very well."
- On ending his paternity leave: "Well, as a few fathers might know, I'm actually quite looking forward to going back to work to get some sleep. So I'm just hoping the first few shifts I go back I don't have any night jobs."
- On where his heart and head are now: "For me, Catherine and now little George are my priorities. ... I think the last few weeks for me have been just a very different emotional experience. Something I never thought I would feel myself ... a lot of things affect me differently now." How heart-melting is that?!
Check out the interview here ...
What's the best admission you think Prince William has made so far about being a dad?
Image via CNN