Celebrity moms. They're just like us. Or they're completely different. It's always kind of interesting when we hear about the various parenting styles different women take -- and it's even a little more interesting when the women happen to be famous. Because let's face it, we're all a little fascinated with stars.
Some celebs have been super vocal about their parenting beliefs -- for instance, we all know how Mayim Bialik feels -- but others come as kind of a surprise.
Check out 5 different parenting styles and techniques of 5 different celebrity moms. Which one are you most like?
1. Alicia Silverstone: Pre-mastication. You know what this is, right? It's when you chew up your food and then spit it into your baby's mouth a la a bird. Alicia caused quite a stir when she filmed herself feeding her son Bear in this manner last year. This parenting technique has been around for thousands of years, but it's definitely not for everyone.
2. Gisele Bundchen: Elimination Communication. Another controversial parenting style is the use of "elimination communication", which basically means "infant potty training". With EC, parents ditch the diapers early on and rely on baby's facial cues and body language to see when it's go time.
3. Kim Fields: Stabilizing Parenting. Kim Fields, AKA Tootie from Facts of Life, is a rule enforcer with her son. "I can't even fathom having a child that runs wild, doing whatever he wants, with no sense of authority. We all know those kids, but it's not their fault: It's just how they've been raised. And I guess that works for their parents, but that's not the parenting style for me. My husband and I set the rules, and our son follows them, period."
4. Helen Hunt: Resources for Infant Educarers. Often called RIE for short, this parenting style implements the belief that children and infants should be treated as equals in their relationships with adults. RIE eschews strollers, high chairs, and battery-operated toys in favor of excessive praise, forced sharing, and lullabies. According to advocates, it results in children who are more competent and self-aware children, and a more peaceful world.
5. Angelina Jolie: Co-sleeping. At least once a week, Angie and Brad have all 17 kids pile into their bed for "family sleep". They even had a custom bed built to accommodate everyone!
Do you use any of these parenting styles?
Image via Splash