While there really is nothing better than having a baby, let's get real here: It can be kind of restricting. You hear it a million times when you're pregnant, how different things are going to be after having a child, but you really can't grasp it until you actually, physically, have a baby. They're so, so cute, but life as you knew it is over.
Well, at least for a while.
Here are 6 things moms of babies can kiss goodbye. Don't worry, it won't always be this hard.
1. Sleep in. Obvious? Yes. But I can't write a list like this and not include it. You will never sleep in again! Okay, there will be times when your partner takes care of the babe while you catch up on sleep, but if you think you're in for a leisurely cup of coffee and the paper when you wake up, you're sorely mistaken, friend. Sowwy.
2. Relax on a vacation. I want you to get a nice picture in your head of the last childless vacation you took -- because that, for a long time, will be the last relaxing vacation you took.
3. Take a vacation. Hell, depending on who you are and your baby's temperament, you might not even be taking vacations. Again, sowwy.
4. Be able to spend time "getting ready". "Getting ready" now means throwing on whatever's clean and putting your hair in a bun. May I suggest showering and picking out clothes at night, for those of you who "care what you look like"?
5. Having an uninterrupted adult conversation (when baby's awake). When your baby is asleep, talk away! But when she's up, it isn't quite that simple. When you have a baby or a young toddler, you have to be ready for a fall or a spill at all times. You know the moms at the park who sit on the bench and chat while their kids play? Yeah, you're not quite there yet.
6. Care about any of the above. The sleep thing can be a bit unnerving, but you have a baby! What's better than that?!
What things do you no longer do now that you have a baby?
Image via Nicole Fabian-Weber